Christmas is in the air? Time to bake a batch of these sweetly, spiced Christmas cookies!
Time required: 1 hour+
- 220gm flour
- 60gm powdered sugar
- 150gm vegan butter
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 6 tbsp chickpea water (aquafaba)
- 240gm powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 tsp Rawnice Pink Pitaya Powder, or other Rawnice powders
- Sift the flour and sugar into a bowl.
- Add the salt and butter.
- Add nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Mix with an electric mixer until well incorporated.
- Knead the dough by hand, and form it into a ball.
- Wrap the dough in foil and place in the fridge for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 160°C
- Divide the dough into 2 pieces, roll out each into cakes around 3 mm thick.
- Use a star-shaped cookie cutter (or other shapes) to cut out shapes and place them on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake for around 15 minutes. Cool completely before decorating with sugar icing.
- Whisk the chickpea water with an electric mixer until foamy.
- Add the sifted sugar gradually, mixing constantly on high speed.
- If you want to make one color of icing , add powder gradually and mix constantly. If you want to make two colors, divide the icing into two bowls.
- If your icing is too thick, add more chickpea water (or 1 tbsp of lemon juice). If the mixture is too watery, add more sugar.
Anna is a talented photographer, originally from Poland and now living in Stockholm. She's part of our local Rawnice team, and her inspiring breakfast creations are sure to spark a joy in your taste buds!