Ring in the New Year with these fancy muffins!
Time required: 1 hour+
- 220 g flour
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 100 g sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 50 ml coconut oil
- 180 ml plant based milk
Black buttercream frosting:
- 150 g vegan butter (softened)
- 350 g powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp Rawnice Activated Charcoal Powder
- Preheat the oven to 190°C. Grease the muffin pan with coconut oil ( or use baking cups).
- In a bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, cinnamon and cocoa powder together.
- Add milk, vanilla extract, peanut butter and oil. Mix well.
- Fill the baking cups three quarters of the way full, bake for around 35 minutes (use a toothpick to test). Cool completely.
- Prepare the buttercream frosting: in a bowl, beat the butter with vanilla extract at low speed.
- Mix continuously while adding the sugar in batches. If the buttercream is too thin, add more sugar. If it's too thick, add a tablespoon or more of plant-based milk.
- Add the activated charcoal powder. Mix at high speed.
- Decorate muffins with the frosting. Add some sugar sprinkles on the top.
Anna is a talented photographer, originally from Poland and now living in Stockholm. She's part of our local Rawnice team, and her inspiring breakfast creations are sure to spark a joy in your taste buds!