- 825g Flour
- 15 ml Salt
- 45 g Granulated sugar
- 2 Spoons Cane sugar
- 30 ml Instant yeast
- 15 ml Vanilla extract
- 15 ml Ground flaxseed
- 30 ml Vegan Butter
- 1 cup Soy Milk
- 380 ml Water
- 1/2 Lemon zest
- Melt butter and milk in a saucepan over medium heat, it should be warm. Remove from stove.
- Next, into a mixing bowl add salt, sugar and flour stir, then add yeast, vanilla extract, ground flaxsseed, milk with vegan butter, water and lemon zest. Mix for 5-7 min, the dough should be little bit sticky.
- Place the dough into a greased bowl, and cover with towel or plastic wrap. Set in a warm place to rise for at least 45 min.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface, and gently roll out to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Cut with a floured doughnut cutter or cup.
- Place the doughnuts onto a floured parchment paper, let the doughnuts sit out on a foured surface so they can rise until double. Cover loosley with a cloth. ( For better results place heating bag under doughnuts).
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer to 180-185C, carefully put 2-3 donuts into the hot oil. Fry donuts on each side until golden brown. Remove the donuts from hot oil, to drain. Let them cool off.
- Stir All glaze ingredients together except the colors.
- Divide the glaze into 4 separate cups, Into 3 of them add the food coloring.
- Combine the 4 colored glazes into a big bowl using a spoon.
Next dip doughnuts into the glaze and set aside.