Time required: 1hour +
- 400 ml of full fat coconut milk
- 50 ml f maple syrup
- 1-2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 tsp of agar agar
- Optional: 1 tsp of Black Carrot Powder
- Plum jam
- Fruits of choice (we added blueberries, and a slice of fig and orange to each cup)
- In a saucepan, combine coconut milk, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Whisk well and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce the heat to low, add agar agar to the mixture and whisk very well immediately. Let the mixture simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the mixture from heat. Now it is time to add the Black Carrot powder. You can make the dessert in light purple shade by adding 1 tsp of powder to the mixture. If you want to make two colors (white + purple) divide the mixture into two parts, and mix in the powder only to the one part.
- Divide the mixtures into chosen small jars or glasses. Put the layer of first color to each glass, and let it set completely. Then add a layer with a second color.
To layer the dessert diagonally (like on the photo), you have to place a jar or glass in a diagonal position. We used to that a cupcake tray. Set each glass diagonally on the tray, pour the first color layer and let it set. When it is ready, turn the glass and pour the second layer.
Before serving add a tablespoon of jam & fruits into each dessert.