Time required: 35 mins
6 tbsp white flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp vanilla powder
1 mashed banana
2 tbsp agave syrup
1 tbsp coconut oil (plus some to grease the pan)
100 ml almond milk
2 tbsp coconut yoghurt
1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
Peanut butter & cream cheese frosting:
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Grease the small baking dish with a little bit of coconut oil.
- In a bowl, combine milk, yoghurt and lemon juice.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking soda and vanilla powder.
- Add mashed banana, coconut oil, agave syrup and milk mixture into the dry mixture. Mix well, then fold in the raspberries.
- Pour the batter in a round 12 cm (or two smaller) baking dish and bake for 25 minutes.
- Serve with cream cheese frosting or whipped cream fresh fruits.
- In a bowl, use an electric mixer to combine the cream cheese with agave syrup and peanut butter.
- Add the whipped cream and beat until well combined.
- Divide the frosting in two. Add the blue spirulina in one part, and the curcumin in the other. Mix until the color is well incorporated.
- Spread on top of the cake. Or use a piping bag and your favorite tip to pipe decorate!
Products used in this recipe:
BLUE SPIRULINA POWDER
Our Blue Spirulina is extracted from green spirulina through a process where we get rid of the nasty, fishy taste and boring color, and keep the healthy stuff and intense blue color!
Curcumin is a vibrant turmeric extract that contain the majority of the color from the turmeric root, but not any of that strong distinct turmeric taste. This makes it perfect for use in food to add color and nutrition without distorting the taste!