Easy-peasy recipe for simple vegan Unicorn Ice Creams 🌈 The recipe is plant-based, dairy-free and kids-friendly!
These vegan ice creams or just a nicecream are made on the base of the frozen bananas. To make our simple Unicorn Nicecream you just need 5 ingredients! ☺️
Frozen bananas, oat cream (or any other plantbased cream, for example coconut cream), vanilla extract, blue spirulina and pink pitaya powder.💙💗
Tips: the key of perfect nicecream consistency is bananas! You should use very ripe frozen bananas for better results - they will make the consistency more creamy. And also, if you are not using a very high-speed bender - let the frozen bananas thaw for a while - they will be easier to blend.👍
To make our nicecream even more better, we´ve added whipped oat cream. But you can use any other cream of choice - coconut cream will be perfect too. We´ve colored our whipped cream with a dash of blue spirulina💙
Blend first the nicecream, and then transform it into a bowl and add whipped cream coloured with blue spirulina. Mix everything gently, just to make messy swirls.
Difficulty level: Easy
Time required: 1hour+
- 3 large frozen bananas
- 150 ml of oat cream
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp of Pink Pitaya Powder
- 1/2 tsp of Blue Spirulina Powder
- In a blender or food processor place frozen bananas. Add vanilla extract and 1 tbsp of Pink Pitaya Powder. Blend all until smooth. (You can add splash of milk, if needed).
- Whip the oat cream. Add to it 1/2 tsp of Blue Spirulina Powder and mix.
- Transform nicecream into a bowl. Add whipped blue cream and stir all gently, just to make messy swirls.
- Transform the mixture into the dish or container. You can add some sugar sprinkles on the top.
- Put into the freezer and freeze min 2 hours.
- Serve with your favourite toppings.