Easy and quick homemade, colorful hummus!
Difficulty level: Easy
Time required: 20 mins
- 1 can chickpeas (rinsed, drained )
- 1 small garlic glove (peeled)
- 1/4 cup of tahini paste (or unsweetened peanut butter)
- Juice from one big lime
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- Pinch of himalayan salt, pepper
- Splash of water
- Rawnice Rainbow Superfoods Powders* :
- Blue Spirulina Powder
- Pink Pitaya Powder
- Beetroot Powder
- Black Carrot Powder
- Matcha Powder
- Curcumin Powder
- Garnish: 1-2 tbsp of olive oil, fresh basil
* Amounts of powders depend on how strong colors you want to get - we have used 1/2 tsp - 1 tbsp of each to create the colors.
- Place chickpeas, lemon juice, tahini, garlic and olive oil in a high powered blender or food processor and start blend all. Blend until creamy and smooth.
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper to taste, and mix again.
- Now, it is time to add some colours. To make colorful version you will need to divide the hummus into few parts and add and mix in chosen powders to each part. You can, of course, make only one color if you want.*
- You can serve it immediately on your toasts or with veggies.
- You can transfer it into a bowl or jar, and in the fridge until 4-5 days.
* Color-mixing tips:
- To make orange, mix Curcumin powder with Pink Pitaya or Beetroot.
- To make purple, mix Blue spirulina or Butterfly Pea with Beetroot or Pink Pitaya.
- To get the shade similar to red, you need to experiment with amounts of Beetroot, Black Carrot and Curcumin (but the real red color will be hard to get).