Time required: 30 mins
120 gm flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tbsp agave syrup
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp lemon juice
200 ml plantbased milk
3 tbsp applesauce
- 1 tsp finely grated ginger
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
4-5 tbsp of plant-based yoghurt of choice (we’ve used vanilla soy yoghurt), mixed with
- Fresh berries or any fruit of choice
The combination of these ingredients changes the color of your pancakes from yellow to red.
- In a bowl combine milk, agave syrup, oil and lemon juice. Stir and set aside.
- In another bowl mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and curcumin powder.
- Add the mixed wet ingredients to the flour mix.
- Next, add applesauce, ginger and lemon zest. Mix everything until well incorporated, but don’t over mix. Set aside the mixture for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Cook pancakes on medium heat, around 2 minutes on each side.
- Serve with colored yoghurt and fruits!
Products used in this recipe:
yellow curcumin powder
Curcumin is a vibrant turmeric extract that contain the majority of the color from the turmeric root, but not any of that strong distinct turmeric taste. This makes it perfect for use in food to add color and nutrition without distorting the taste!
Our Pink Pitaya Powder is made from the flesh of the red dragon fruit harvested ripe, then processed and freeze dried. Color your food in 50 shades of pink with this crazy vibrant pink powder!