Time required: 1 hour +
60gm powdered sugar
150gm vegan butter
4 tbsp walnuts, very finely chopped
Pinch of salt
- Sift the flour and sugar into a bowl.
- Add pinch of salt and butter chopped into smaller pieces.
- Mix all with electric mixer until incorporated.
- Add walnuts and start knead the dough with hand, combining the ingredients into a ball.
- Wrap the dough in foil and put in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 160°C
- Divide the dough into 2 pieces, roll out each into cakes around 3 mm thick.
- Use the mold to cut out shapes and place them on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake around 15 min. Cool completely before decorating with sugar icing.
- Whisk the chickpea water with an electric mixer until foamy.
- Add the sifted sugar gradually, mixing constantly on high speed.
- If you want to make one color of icing , add powder gradually and mix constantly. If you want make two colors, divide the icing into two bowls.
- If your icing is too thick add more chickpea water (or 1 tbsp of lemon juice). If the mixture is too rare, add more sugar.
ProductS used in this recipe:
BLUE SPIRULINA POWDER
Our Blue Spirulina is extracted from green spirulina through a process where we get rid of the nasty, fishy taste and boring color, and keep the healthy stuff and intense blue color!
Green Matcha has a long tradition of use in tea ceremonies in eastern cultures. Our matcha is sourced with the focused on providing a matcha powder that is great for use in foods as well as for tea. It works really well to use in everything from smoothies to desserts!